Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Quick update

I’m still working on my scarf for The Red Scarf Project, but I also started my socks last night too. I have found that if I have more than one project going on at the same time, it keeps me from getting bored. I’ve mostly been doing my scarf when I’m on the way to and from work (Jason drives). I’m about a foot or so into it and it’s turning out pretty well. I’ll have to take a pic of my progress so far later tonight.

So far the socks are easy, but I have a feeling I’m going to have a problem when I get to the heel. Hopefully I can find something online to help me out. If not, I’ll have to take it up to the yarn shop and see if she can help me.

After the scarf, I’m going to attempt to make a stocking with the leftover yarn. I have a fuzzy white yarn to use at the top. I am planning on making a stocking for everyone in the family for Christmas next year and if I want to get it done, I need to get started ASAP. I also need to keep working on Gracie’s sweater which is also in progress.

As far as the GD:

I got my insulin!! Yipee! It’s not so bad actually. I have this little pen thing filled with Levemir, which is a slow acting insulin. I only have to give myself a shot at night before bed at this point. I can’t tell if it’s helping with my numbers or not. My fasting number was low, my breakfast number was high, and my lunch number was low. We’ll give it a few days and see how it goes.

We had another ultrasound yesterday and she’s measuring right on, which is good because GD can cause you to have large babies. We don’t want that.

I’ve also lost 3 pounds. I guess that’s what happens when you are forced to stop eating junk.

No comments: